Important information for visitors: to register for all types of excursions call +370 615 20688 (Mondays through Fridays 8 AM – 4:30 PM)
|Adults – 4,40 Eur|
| 1 October – 30 April
Tue – Sat
1 May – 30 September
Mon – Sun
Reduced price ticket * – 2,20 Eur
|1,5 h||Gift card (for two) – 11,30 Eur|
|Groups of 1-9 people ** – 44,00 Eur|
*Reduced price ticket:
- Full-time secondary school students of the Republic of Lithuania and other countries, the Republic of Lithuania conservatories pupils, the Republic of Lithuania National Mikalojus Konstantinas Čiurlionis arts school pupils;
- The Republic of Lithuania high school pupils and other European Union Member States who are studying full-time in the European Union Member States high schools, as well as full-time professional training institution pupils;
- The Republic of Lithuania permanent compulsory soldiers doing military service, volunteer soldiers;
- The Republic of Lithuania and other countrie persons who have reached the state of social security retirement (80 years);
- The Republic of Lithuania 1939-1990 year occupation victims – political prisoners and exiles, former ghettos, concentration or other types of forced labor camps;
- The Republic of Lithuanian independence defenders, victims of 1991. 11-13 January. and afterward aggression of the USSR;
- The Republic of Lithuania resistance fighters against the 1940-1990 year occupations – military volunteers and freedom fighters.
**Group fee (1-9 category) is applicable in cases where users register a group (10 or more), but arrives below (less than 10) the estimated visitor number. No group fee is applied if the museum has published individual visitor times.
“Ethnocosmology – relations with the cosmic world” is a daytime excursion. Duration 1.5 h. Register by phone (+370 615 20688) because groups of similar age (e. g., pupils) are formed, families are joined with families, etc. Individual visitors and families can register too. Maximum number of people per group – 50–60. Visitors should arrive approx. 10–15 minutes early so they can purchase tickets conveniently. Individual visitors are welcome Mondays through Fridays (from 8 AM to 4 PM) and are joined with registered groups, if possible. Mondays through Fridays (after 4 PM), on Saturdays (from 10 AM to 7 PM) and Sundays (from 10 AM to 4 PM) individual, unregistered visitors may be joined with existing groups. Otherwise, if there are 1–9 visitors, a group fee of EUR 44 (after working hours, on weekends and holidays).
During daytime excursions visitors start at the underground gallery and go up as if ascending the roots of the World Tree. Five halls contain different items that reflect humanity’s connection with the Cosmos (measurement equipment, calendars, astronomy, astronautics, search for extra-terrestrial life forms, future prospects for our civilization). The exhibition is constantly expanded with new items and our professional guides will help you get the most out of this experience.
Slides are shown on a giant screen in the hall. Here you can see various high quality photos of the universe –illustrating everything from our own planet and its uniqueness, to the furthermost galaxies. And from the hall we go 32 metres up (by stairs or elevator as required) to the observation spot. The view from here is breathtaking: six lakes and a panorama of Labanoras forest can be seen. After the excursion you can enjoy the outer exhibition and the geometric plantings by the museum’s artist Marija Kakarienė.